On November 24, as a part of the cooperation programme between the Kazakhstan PhD Association in the UK and the Sovereign Wealth Fund «Samruk-Kazyna» JSC, a roundtable was held on the topic of the effective interaction between science, industry and business with the participation of:
- Chairman of the Board of JSC National Mining Company Tau-Ken Samruk Mr Kanat Kudaibergen;
- Head of the Representative Office of the Samruk-Kazyna Fund in the UK Mr Mukan Arginbayev;
- Managing Director of the Centre for Social Interaction and Communications and Program Coordinator between Doctoral Candidates and the Fund Ms Sandugash Iskendirova;
- The representative of the Tau-Ken Samruk Investment Department Ms Kamilya Altaeva;
- Representatives of the Embassy of the Republic of Kazakhstan and JSC "Bolashak" Ms Alma Sydykova;
- A representative of the British-Kazakh Society;
- Activists of the student communities, such as KazSociety UCL and Kazakhstan Student Society in the United Kingdom represented by Mr Yerlan Onlas.
The roundtable was devoted to discussing a joint program between the industry and young scientists, which will lead to the implementation of common projects aimed at the sustainable development of Kazakhstan. On behalf of the Kazakhstan PhD Association in the UK we would like to thank His Excellency Mr Erlan Idrissov, Ambassador the Republic of Kazakhstan to the United Kingdom, for providing the platform for the meeting, the journalist of TV channel Kazakhstan Indira Bektenova for the media coverage of the event, and PhD colleagues for their participation in the meeting: Aliya Temirkhan, Ivan Trussov, Askar Aryntay, Aigerim Umbetbayeva, Amanzhol Kubeev, Gulnara Kulanbayeva, Rauan Akylzhanov, Erkhan Mindetbai!